Saturday, August 6, 2011

Yard Work/ Gardening

I like our yard, but it is high maintenance. A lot like me I suppose! hehe :)
Here is a back section of our yard at the beginning of the summer.


Our house is over 100 years old. And the old barn has got to be close behind. Half of this stuff has been back in the back yard probably that long as well.

The boys have been so good at working everyday in the yard to clean it up and make a beautiful garden this summer.

Porter and his little friend asked me one day if they could grow their own garden, not thinking much about it I said sure. It's growing good. Porter has weeded and watered it consistently. Then he took pictures of it for me.

Here is his watermelon plant.

Ethan Weeding.

It's been good for the boys to learn how to work in the yard.


Ava loves being outside. It is honestly her favorite, next to bath-time.

We are still a long ways from this yard being my ideal victorian garden, but a small step closer.

No comments: