Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Grandma's Chocolate Chip Cookies

My Favorite Memory: Coming home from school to smell freshly baked Chocolate Chip Cookies. Thanks Mom :)


My Kids are always asking me to make Grandma's chocolate chip cookies.

Easy And Yummy.....

Cream together
2 cups shortening
2 cups white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
Then add
4 eggs
dash of vanilla
1 tsp salt
1tsp baking soda
4-5 cups of flour ( I am not sure I never measure, just when the dough looks right)
About 1/2 a pkg of chocolate chips I like Semi-sweet.

Put in oven at 350 degrees for about 5-7 min. Pull out when just barely starting to brown. Leave on cookie sheet, let them finish cooking for a few minutes, this is the secret.

Perfect After School Snacks!

1 comment:

John and Laura said...

I loved coming to your house and smelling these cookies, too! Yum!

And we tried the artichoke chicken. Awesome! Thanks! Love ya, Kellie. I miss you!