Thursday, July 14, 2011

Quick Summer Meals

I love fresh vegetables, especially when they are out of our own garden. Here is a recipe that I just kinda threw together, but worth making again it was yummy.
Vegetable Spaghetti

~First I put the Whole Wheat noodles on to boil.
~Then I put a spoonful of butter in a frying pan and sliced up a whole squash in it.
Covered it with a lid on medium heat and let it cook for about 12 min.
~ Next I added an orange bell pepper and let it saute in with the squash.
~ Then I added a tsp of garlic. More if you really like garlic.
~ After those vegetables are tender, I grated in a zucchini.
~ Lastly I added about 3/4 cup of vegetable oil and a package of Italian seasoning
mix.
Simmer the flavors together and put on top of spaghetti. Grate Your favorite Cheese on top. Here I used Australian Swiss. Yummy and oh so Easy. My two favorite words together when talking about food.


My All time favorite easy Yummy recipe is one my hubby found. It is Chicken artichoke. I had my doubts at first but I have been made a believer. Yummy!!!!

Ingredients

* 1 (15 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
* 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
* 3/4 cup mayonnaise
* 1 pinch garlic pepper
* 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the artichoke hearts, Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, and garlic pepper. Place chicken in a greased baking dish, and cover evenly with artichoke mixture.
3. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until chicken is no longer pink in the center and juices run clear.

Sorry that is the only picture I have. We all ate it too fast before I got a better picture. This is a must try.

1 comment:

John and Laura said...

I love your recipes. They always look so delicious! I'm going to try the artichoke chicken this weekend. Thanks! Want to come over for dinner? :)