Monday, August 2, 2010

Blessing Day


Ava Marie was blessed by her father Karl. Joined by Grandpa Johnson, Uncle Caleb, Alma Marcum, and David King.

It was sweet and we enjoyed having family and friends join us for the occasion.

Aunt LaShay, Kendal and Aunt Ashley
Her daddy got her dressed, while I frantically tried to get myself ready in time.
First the bow, made from hand stitched lace from great grandma Ethel. (Attached with good ol' Elmers glue)

Then the slip...

Next the beautiful dress.

Dress, Slip and Blanket all made by Grandma Idon. Embroidery done by Aunt Caroleen.


Finishing touch, baby bling. Silver bracelet with pink garnet given to Ava by Grandma Gardner

3 comments:

Coats said...

She is so cute and I love the dress! Can't wait to meet my new little cousin someday! :)

Emily Gardner said...

Oh my goodness, that blessing dress is so beautiful! And what a little cutie pie!

Erin said...

Kellie she is beautiful! What a special dress for a little princess!