Friday, September 23, 2011

Enjoying the Harvest

We have sure enjoyed having fresh fruits and vegetables around this summer. My favorite is our watermelon and cantaloupes, Ava's too.

Ok how many of you put vanilla ice cream on your cantaloupe?
If you don't you should!

My mom did this for us as a treat when we were kids, so I thought I would carry on the tradition with my own kids, they love it!

Fried zucchini -

I remember my dad making fried zucchini when we were kids also. he cut his into circles, I made mine more into a fry shape.
All you need to do is did the zucchini into an egg, then into bread crumbs. Fry then until browned, salt and pepper to taste.
My kids smacked these right down as well. We also like to dip our in ranch. Not much healthy about this zucchini recipe. ha :)
I will post more later, short on time today.

No comments: