Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Oven Still Broken

So my oven is still broken, so I pulled out the old sewing machine. But before I show you what I made for Ava's One year birthday which we just celebrated Let me show you a couple of dresses I made for her a while back, I don't think I posted these already. If so sorry.

So I took a sewing class for a couple of months after Ava was born, there is just so many cute little girl dresses I want to learn to make and I don't sew.

But no worries.....Kaden was on hand to help me. He loves to create.


I made a couple of these dresses for my nieces baby girls. I like to go onto Etsy and see all the creative ideas then try to make them myself, much cheaper. Maybe not as professional but I don't think the babies care.

Ava's Birthday dress. Just some scrap material sewn together no pattern needed. Sew-easy. If I can do it sew can you :)

This is called a pillow case dress. Once again no pattern needed. Another idea borrowed from Etsy. I just got a stencil and fabric paint and painted these cute flowers on here.

Karl always calls Ava his little bug, because she is as cute as a bug. So we had a lady bug party for her. Here is her lady bug costume, which she hates by the way. Once again just a stencil and fabric paint to make the ladybug. And a spool of red tulle.

I realized I had never made Ava a blanket but I did for my boys, so I decided I had better make her one. Really easy I just lay it on the ground, because I don't have quilting stands. The binding is always the hardest. I mess it up every time.
So the moral of today's story is. I don't sew. If I decide to try, it has to be a quick couple of hour project, that's all I have the patience for when it comes to sewing. I hate picking my stitches out, so usually I don't and it doesn't look that great. But my sewing instructor was great and taught me some neat tricks and techniques. So go find something to sew today.

1 comment:

Emily Gardner said...

So many cute little dresses! And I've decided you must not sleep, ever. It's the only explanation to how you can be so creative and productive with so many cute kids. (: